So, in today’s show, I’ll explore 7 ways to get Apple gear for your business.
This episode will cover brick-and-mortar stores as well as online options, whether you’re looking for new, refurbished or used devices.
1. Directly from Apple
Apple operates 500+ flagship stores in 25 countries (source: Wikipedia)
- Ability to pre-order devices
- Device customization options
- Possibility to talk to well-trained staff in store
- Fast (and free) delivery when ordering online
- No discounts except for students and education market
For some countries, Apple offers refurbished products at a lower price:
- US: https://www.apple.com/us/shop/goto/special_deals
- UK: https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished
- China: https://www.apple.com/cn/shop/refurbished
- Canada: https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/refurbished
- Australia: https://www.apple.com/au/shop/refurbished
- France: https://www.apple.com/fr/shop/refurbished
- Italy: https://www.apple.com/it/shop/refurbished
- Germany: https://www.apple.com/de/shop/refurbished
- Spain: https://www.apple.com/es/shop/refurbished
- Japan: https://www.apple.com/jp/shop/refurbished
- Belgium (FR): https://www.apple.com/be-fr/shop/refurbished
- Belgium (NL): https://www.apple.com/be-nl/shop/refurbished
- Netherlands: https://www.apple.com/nl/shop/refurbished
- Ireland: https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/refurbished
2. From an Apple Premium Reseller
Apple Premium Resellers sell mostly Apple products and display products the same way that Apple does in their flagship stores.
Prefer one that is also Apple Authorised Service Provider.
- Closest to the genuine Apple experience
- As many device customization options as directly from Apple
- Limited deals except for students, education market and third-party accessories
- Slightly longer delivery time compared to Apple when ordering a custom configuration
3. From an Apple Authorised Reseller
Apple Authorised Resellers sell Apple products alongside many other computer and mobile device brands.
- More and generally bigger deals (i.e. stock clearance)
- Ability to find refurbished products at substantially lower prices)
- No customization options
- Limited staff who know about Apple products
4. From Amazon
Amazon is itself an Apple Authorised Reseller since November 2018.
Since then, only Apple Authorised Resellers can list items on Amazon.
Watch out for Amazon Prime Day mid-July as we could get even greater deals on Apple products.
- Discounts even on newly released products
- Fast delivery especially for Amazon Prime members
- Best for devices like the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV or AirPods
- Limited customization options
- Macs are usually sold with the lowest amount of RAM
5. From eBay
eBay is one of the biggest online marketplace available worldwide, where great deals can be found while paying close attention to the seller reputation.
- Lower prices
- Ability to find new, refurbished and used devices
- Much riskier than the previous options (i.e. scam)
6. From a classified ad
When looking for a second-hand device, the classified section of local newspapers or online websites like Craigslist could be worth checking.
- Lower prices
- Ability to find refurbished and used devices
- As risky as Ebay except when you can inspect the device beforehand
7. Through a leasing contract
Why buy when you could rent your next Apple device?
Yes, it’s possible to get a 2- to 4-years leasing contract for a Mac, iPhone or iPad.
And at the end of the contract, you’ll have the option to upgrade it or buy it for a very nominal fee.
Look for a company that allows you to fully customize the device and gives you a loan Mac when yours needs repairing.
- US: iRent-A-Mac
- UK: Qube leasing, HardSoft, LeaseLoop
- France: Boulanger location
- Germany: Leasing Shop
- Better cash flow management
- Price covers support and maintenance
- Slightly more expensive than buying the device
And you, where do you usually buy Apple gear for your business?
Please let me know by leaving a comment below.
Free Email Course
Every day for 1 month, receive actionable tips that will make you more productive using your Apple devices.
The first lesson of this course will help you launch applications faster.